Report of the scientific committee participation in the “Spatial Information Management Toward Legalizing Informal Urban Development” in Athens 28-31 March 2007.
The scientific committee in the name of Lebanese order of Surveyors was represented by Surveyor Joseph Nassif and Dr. des Ing. Khaled Nabbout.
Below is detail description about the activities during the conference.
- Participation at the annual meeting of Com3 for future events and Dr. des Khaled Nabbout was accepted as the Lebanese delegates in the name of the orders Surveyors.
- A meeting with FIG President Stig Enmark and the plan about the planned seminar was discussed and Surveyor Joseph Nassif was recommended by President Stig Enmark based on his experience in Geodetic measurement to be a member of the Com 5 by contacting (FIG com5 chair)
- Presentation about the role of Visualization tools in Participatory urban planning by Dr. des Khaled Nabbout representing the Order of Surveyors and as part of research project done at the Dresden University of Technology and International Institute for Earth Observation and Geo-Sciences
- Dr. Gabor Remetey (the UN)
- Mrs. Vectoria Stanley (the World Bank)
- Prof. Michael Barry (Calgary University)
- Markku Villikka (FIG general Director)
- Prepare the seminar for the year with the support of the Dresden University of Technology
- Establishing a research project between the Dresden University of Technology and order of Surveyors
- Establishing institute which can offer in High degree in surveying
With the hope to reach our target and with the support of the Order of Surveyors we ask for facilitating all the bureaucratic issues with the benefit that the strategic plan will improve the knowledge of the Lebanese Surveyor.
With Kind and respect thank for supporting the first step.
Joseph NassifKhaled Nabbout